Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wheel G10: Shimmery Toppers

You may have noticed Nail Wheel Wednesday, and indeed the whole blog, took last week off. That wasn't my intention, but my intention was seriously unrealistic given that Mr. K and I drove to Salt Lake City and then on to Steamboat Springs (yes, we left skiing to go skiing—that's how much we like our friends we met up with) and while I had my laptop with me, I never got it out; first we were in a hotel with the worst wifi, then we were staying in a small condo with other people where there wasn't really any good work space. If we do this again next year, I'll just announce I'm taking a break.

I'm back now, with a wheel of shimmery toppers I painted before I left. Most of these are from the CND effects line, which I was way into for a while.



(all two coats over half black base)

1. CND Plum Truffle Sparkle [okay, this is really a microglitter topper, but I wanted all the CND on one wheel]
2. CND Amethyst Sparkle [this had dried out significantly, so I thinned but it's still likely thicker than it should be]
3. CND Raspberry Sparkle
4. CND Crimson Sparkle [I will have to remember this one come autumn; it reminds me of fall color]
5. CND Sapphire Sparkle
6. CND Teal Sparkle
7. CND Sheer 24K Sparkle [hmm, maybe should have saved this for a flakie topper wheel]
8. CND Scarlet Shimmer
9. CND Lavender Pearl
10. CND Perfectly Bare Shimmer [unusual how this one turned the black base brown]
11. CND Emerald Shimmer
12. Creative Nail Design Turquoise Tint
13. Pure Ice Shimmer-wing Iris
14. Pure Ice Oh Baby
15. Pure Ice Shimmer-wing Jasmine
16. Essie Luxeffects Pure Pearlfection
17. Confetti Tiara
18. China Glaze Travel in Color
19. Deborah Lippmann Bring on the Bling
20. Finger Paints Sparkle Top Coat


Bottles 1 through 5:



6 through 10:


11 through 15:



16 through 20:


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.