Monday, January 11, 2016

Recent NOTD: New Year's Refresh

You may recall the Incoco 2015 strips I wore leading up to New Year's Eve (from my NOTD catch up post):



Of course once it was 2016, I couldn't be going around with last year on my nails, yet I didn't have time to do a full mani change, so I transformed some of the gold strips by covering them with Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme and topping that with a gold and holo glitter from Bonita, Golden Girl, plus Diamond Dry top caot. This, my friends, is a lesson in warm gold versus cool gold.



Holo popping in direct light:



The sun actually came out for a while, too:





I did eventually take off this mani (foil method for the win, what with glitter on top of strips) and am now giving my nails a treatment week. I've been having good luck alternating Duri Rejuvacote with Qtica Nail Growth Stimulator. It was Duri's turn this time.



Hope 2016 is off to a good start for those of you reading!


2 comments:

  1. Those strips were just perfect for New Years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strips were really pretty, and I love how you transformed the mani! Can't really go wrong with black and gold :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.