Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wheel L5: Red Shimmers

It's red shimmers for this episode of Nail Wheel Wednesday. Well, mostly red. A couple lean coral, a couple lean plum, and there's a brick or two in there as well. I painted this wheel near the end of my no buy for pinks and reds, so I was down to the last couple dozen in this color/finish family (of course I've since gotten more, so it was a temporary shortage of reds to paint on wheels).



(all two coats, no topcoat, unless otherwise noted below)

1. Milani Hi Speed Fast Dry Hot Pink Frenzy [very subtle shimmer; definitely not as pink as what I think of as hot pink]
2. Sephora by OPI Express Yourself to Yourself (3 coats)
3. OPI Love is a Racket [there's a family resemblance here between 2 & 3]
4. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Very Cherry
5. Maybelline Colorama Cherry Sweet (3) [on the microglitter side of shimmer]
6. OPI Ali's Big Break (3)
7. Butter London Knees Up
8. OPI Pretty & Priveleged
9. Orly Rock It [love this almost foil finish]
10. China Glaze Vertical Rush [I appreciate the tiny sparks of purple in this one]
11. OPI Pepe's Purple Passion [could benefit from topcoat big time]
12. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Quick Brick [not as orange-toned as what I think of as brick, but a nice rich looking color anyway]
13. Orly Rococo-a-Go-Go
14. Zoya Jem [close enough to 13 that one doesn't need both]
15. Essie Moda Scoota [on the brown side of red]
16. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Ruby Rush [I'd forgotten how gorgeous this is]
17. Confetti Glam'n Up
18. OPI The One That Got Away (3)
19. Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry Buy Me a Drink
20. BB Couture for Men Tuxedo Night


Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:
























4 comments:

  1. It's not too often I see a swatch wheel and have no lemmings but this is one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have enough room in my drawers, you can send them to me, they would be welcome each and everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wheel. I'm really liking the first 5

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.