Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nabi Scented Nail Green Glitter

You probably already guessed that when I was faced with that 60-slot Nabi scented polish display (as shown in Monday's display post), I didn't turn away empty-handed. It wasn't that I like to have perfumed fingertips, it was that I don't have any bottles like that, plus there was glitter. Today I've got swatches of the watermelon-scented Green Glitter.

In the bottle, it reminded me of the China Glaze Prismatic ones and the similar Wet 'n' Wild collection. On the nail, not so much. Here's what three coats plus topcoat looks like (seems I had a heavier touch on some of my fingers than others, looking at this photo now):



There is green glitter in here, definitely, but there's also blue, yellow, pink, and whole lot of silver in a sheer charcoal grey base.



I am definitely going to layer this over an opaque base the next time I use it (or one of its glittery kin that I bought to keep it company in my stash).



Even though I now knew this Nabi was no match for any of the opaque glitters it had reminded me of, I still pulled out China Glaze Optical Illusion for a quick comparison. See how similar they look in the bottles? I'm not crazy, right?



Here they are on the nail, 3 coats plus topcoat in both cases. I don't need to tell you which is which.





Optical Illusion sure is pretty; here's a slightly blurry closeup:



Oh, and as for the scent of the Nabi, it smells very chemical-y going on, so if you get a nose full of that, it's hard to appreciate the more subtle fruity fragrance left when it dries. I'd say buy these for the color/finish if they appeal to you, not for the smell.

10 comments:

  1. Even though it's not as opaque as it looks in the bottle I still really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I was interested in the scent - IMO Nabi normally don't smell to good, but I guess this wasn't really and improvement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not crazy. Glitter can be very deceptive like that. :/ Still, it is pretty. I think I'll be poking around some Walgreens to see if I can find these at all. My Walmart may be good for the Pure Ices, but I usually have to go out of town for Nabi. -_- (also, we don't have a Rite Aid or CVS at all so I'm still super jealous)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not crazy about smelly polish. I just think that's weird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Nabi nail polishes, of course they can never be compared to China Glaze because CG is just top of the line amazing. But Nabi is usually cheaper if you're on a budget. Anyway, it's a very pretty glitter base.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh watermelon scented?! Lol how cool, but a shame the scent disappears quickly. Its still really pretty though, i'm a sucker for anything sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is pretty cute! I wonder if I will ever see them here, I am guessing not lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. Glitters and sparkles and pretty bottles - and I'm on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! I really like the look of the bottle :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im here as a collector of glass bottles with interesting shapes I have a love of the smaller ones like this round style by Nabi I bought one at a store last week when it cought my eye. But Iwant to remove the polish to reveal the glass it was nearly imposible then the bottle broke any way i see they come in many colors if I could buy it in clear Id be set

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.