Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Silver and Blue Glitter Comparison

Okay, I lied about Nail Wheel Wednesday being back this week. I meant it at the time I wrote that last week, but have since realized I have so many holiday polishes backed up in my swatching queue along with a few nails of the day looks that the only way I can hope to get them out in a timely manner without making posts that are crazy long is to take over the nail wheel slot. So, Nail Wheel Wednesday will either turn into Nail Wheel Weekend or it'll go on hiatus until the new year. I'll decide later; right now I've got a holiday Sinful, Ice Dream, from the Holiday Shimmers display. In the comments on the display post that included this collection, Impoverished by Polish noted that Ice Dream looked like China Glaze Lorelai's Tiara. When I pulled Ice Dream out to swatch, I saw she had quite a good point, and skipped right to the comparison. I also grabbed Sally Hansen Showgirl Chic from the Gem Crush line, another silver and blue glitter in the same vein.



Here they are on the nail; left to right, Sinful, China Glaze, Sinful, Sally Hansen.



The Sinful was three coats but probably could have been two. The China Glaze was three coats and needed them all. The Sally Hansen was two coats. These three bear a very close resemblance to each other. The Sinful is perhaps a touch more dense with blue than the China Glaze, and the Sally Hansen blue glitter is a touch less turquoise-leaning than the other two.

Here's a closer look at Sinful (top) versus Sally Hansen (bottom):



And China Glaze (top) versus Sinful (bottom):



There's no reason to have all three in your stash unless you really, really like the look and want to never run out (or are driven to keep things around for comparison purposes like I am).

10 comments:

  1. NYC also has a glitter that is extremely similar, it's called Starry Silver Glitter. It is one of the long wearing enamel ones, so they are usually 99 cents. Those are all very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the new Sinfuls for the holidays. Did you pick up any others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I actually saw the Sinful Colors one today in Duane Reade and was wondering if it's a dupe for the others! Thanks for the comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great comparison, i cant even see the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this great comparison - you are right, no need for all of them, unless you need to feed your hoarding instincts - which I of course don't need to cough, cough, darn that toomanypolishes cough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I own the Sally Hansen already and you saved me from buying a dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I normally notice differences quite easy being a true nail polish nerd but here I really had to study them going crazy! So dupé it can possibly be! :) Great comparison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great comparison post. I really can't see the difference between them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I keep trying to stop myself because I have the NYC version (Starry Silver Glitter), but then I got Sinful Color's Ice Dream... same deal. *oops*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow great comparison! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.