Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wheel R4: White to Greyish Taupe Shimmers

Today for Nail Wheel Wednesday I've got yet another instance of what happens when I don't have enough of one color to fill out a wheel. We start with golden whites and end with silvery taupes. They are all neutrals, at least.



(all three coats, no topcoat)

1. Ulta Pro Sugar Cookie
2. China Glaze White Cap
3. Chanel Pearl Drop
4. OPI Oh So Glam
5. Orly Meringue
6. Zoya Gaia
7. Claire's unknown [I'm pretty sure I have a Sally Hansen dupe for this, but that one's not in a pretty rose bottle]
8. Revlon Top Speed Stone Wash [could have stopped at 2 coats]
9. Essie Great Expectations
10. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Silk Frost [refreshing unfrosty for one of this vintage]
11. Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails Baby Blue Icing [I'm hoping this was more blue when new and has faded; if not, it was misnamed]
12. Maybelline Express Finish See the Light
13. Massini Silver Lining [the silver lining is full of brushstrokes? that's disappointing]
14. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Paparazzi
15. Maybelline Express Finish Pretty Grey [very brown for a grey]
16. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Opulent Frost
17. P2 Stormy [I'd have so many P2's if they were sold here]
18. Maybelline Express Finish Silver Lilac [so awfully frosty! I think this has lasted so long in my stash only because I like the name]
19. H & M Grey Sky [more of a taupe sky]
20. Revlon Street Wear Shooting Star [so pretty; why Revlon had to take Street Wear away I do not know]

Bottles 1 through 5:


I have no idea why I didn't take Pearl Drop out of the box to take the bottle shot; you can see it both unboxed and on the nail in this post, along with a comparison to three others on this wheel.

6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:


















I would not be sad if a nail polish gnome came and stole 13 and 18 from my stash; I'm not sure things that brushstrokey are much use to me, even for frankening (remember when I frankened? I should try that again sometime).

*****

Reminder: today's the last day to enter my Halloween giveaway.

11 comments:

  1. My eye was really drawn to #1 but the close up pix shows it is pretty near to #2 which I have, thank goodness! I'm surprised you have so many of these (well, perhaps surprised isn't the right word)but it is interesting to see how many are truly different, yet in the same family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your comment about 13 and 18 made me laugh LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Revlon Street Wear is really great. Too bad about it no longer being produced. I don't even remember Street Wear from Revlon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me... I really love China Glaze White Cap! I should use that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. I really like 20...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this wheel. <3 Especially 15 & 17.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all very pretty and seem to easily go with just about any outfit or event. VBS don't bother me but if you do Franken 13 and or 18, please share. BTW, since I am a newbie, can you link your Frankens? TIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinitchka, I don't have a tag just for my frankens, but if you look at the franken tag, you can see the ones I did and ones I got from other ladies:

      http://thekarend.blogspot.com/search/label/p%3A%20franken

      Delete
  8. I like #17 and 20 the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving #19! Will have to check H & M for polishes next time I'm there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.