Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recent NOTD: Sally Hansen Cat Walk

Last week, I adorned my nails with an old Sally Hansen New Lengths that I found at a Dollar Tree when I was in Wisconsin at the beginning of March. It's a purple with gold shimmer called Cat Walk. Since this polish was likely made back when frost finishes were much more popular, I braced myself for brushstrokes, but they turned out not to be a problem. The gold shimmer shows up nicely in indirect indoor light, too, which is another thing I worried about.







In brighter light, the shimmer pops even more.



In sun (we did have some for a few hours), I think I see flashes of green and rose in among the gold.



On the downside, this took three coats, which was one more than I'd expect for a color this dark but I suppose not really surprising given the tendency of some polishes to thin with age. It also it didn't wear especially well; perhaps the old formula doesn't get along with new base and top coats. The sun photo above was taken just one day after I applied it, and you can see the tipwear already. I started to get chips a day or two after that. I can't complain too much about that, though, since wanting to disguise my chip cover ups insipired me to add a coat of Lippmann Some Enchanted Evening over the top. I wasn't all that enchanted by this polish when I first swatched it, but boy howdy did I love it this time around.





The subtle color differences in the glitter are just great, and for some reason, I failed to notice them when I swatched it back in the summer. I guess was just so focused on finding a base color that worked that I didn't pay attention to much else. I'm paying attention now, for sure.

17 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty color actually! Nice find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. That is something special. I must now seek this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty! I especially like it with Some Enchanted Evening on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! And I'm pretty much against anything frosty. Your layering looks great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous polish! It's very pretty! I like it with Some Enchanted Evening over the top too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love it layered. And that old bottle shot brought back all kinds of memories. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This polish is quite pretty (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' the look with Some Enchanted Evening on top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looooove the lippman on top... ^_^ i swear one day im finally going to get myself a bottle of lippman... >.< I get so tempted by all these pictures..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was actually impressed with that old SH (I'm not a fan of her). However, when you added the Lippmann - well POW! Beautiful layering - you have such a good eye for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lipman polish is gorgeus:)I personally don't really like frosty colours but it is a nice colour anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.