Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wheel G1: Dark Red Cremes

Last Nail Wheel Wednesday we had red cremes; this week it's dark red cremes. Why do I have so many reds? There's my innate love for excess, of course, but there's also the idea that reds are classic, and therefore worth investing in. That logic rather falls apart after a certain point, and I passed that point sometime back.

Nail wheel

(all 2 coats unless otherwise noted)

1. China Glaze Seduce Me
2. Revlon Top Speed Vintage
3. Sally Hansen Salon Crushed Berries
4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Cherry Blaze
5. Maybelline Forever Strong Mighty Mauve [as discussed previously, mauve is tricky]
6. Joe Fresh Wine (3 coats)
7. OPI Just a Little Rosti at This
8. Borghese Puccini Pomegranate
9. OPI Got the Blues for Red
10. Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Hypnotic Red
11. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Ruby Rocket
12. Maybelline Wet Shine Succulent
13. Sally Hansen Salon unlabeled mini (3)
14. Essie Berry Hard (3)
15. Maybelline Express Finish Berry Exotic (4—there's no reason it should be so) [might have a very, very slight shimmer]
16. Sally Hansen 10 Day No Chip Tenacious Ruby
17. Borghese Sonata Berry (3)
18. Maybelline Salon Expert Bitten Plum (3)
19. Maybelline Express Finish Seduction (3)
20. Maybelline Salon Finish Chic Merlot

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:

6 comments:

  1. Whoa Dark reds! I think I have 6-7 reds. Total. haha. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl can never have enough dark burgundy/wine red polishes *nods*

    What I love about these dark creme reds is that I always have something classic, elegant and sometimes vampy to fall back on when I can't decide on which color or finish I want for the day, you can never go wrong with a color like this! :)

    I really like your collection, and thank you so much for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, What a nice red collection *-*
    I love a blood red on my nails, it makes my hands be portrayed lighter than what they actually are ♥
    I ADORE birght right on lips though, I think it's just absolutely stunning! Lovin' it even more now since bright red is coming back into style. VINTAGE FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me a good vampy colour. these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I guess reds will be my love forever, as I do love every single one of them on that nail wheel! I wouldn't mind one bit to have them all. And I already have a few at home. Not as many though. :D Awesome collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite is 10. Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Hypnotic Red. Normally i only use dark reds if they have glitter or shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.