Friday, February 11, 2011

Recent NOTD: CND Night Factory Duo

I have very few CND polishes. Two in that small number are the ones in the Night Factory Duo, Urban Oasis and Teal Sparkle, which I got in a swap with mrsrexy a couple months ago and then promptly lost track of in the chaos that is my untrieds queue (not so much a queue as a mosh pit, really). She and I are in the middle of another swap now, which spurred me to finally try these.

Urban Oasis is a deep teal green creme, which looks great on its own after only one coat. Seriously, one coat. I am so not used to that sort of thing that I had to make a conscious effort to restrain myself from putting on a second coat.





I was tempted to stop there (look how shiny it is without topcoat, even) and wear Urban Oasis on its own but since they came as a set I thought at least the first time I should wear them as a set, so I put on one coat of Teal Sparkle and a top coat.





The shimmer in Teal Sparkle is mostly of the micro flakies type (irregularly shaped, lies flat on the nail). I don't see much teal in it but rather brighter green with flares of blue and maybe even gold.

Here's the full line up of products I used:



That Orly Nail Defense is the old bottle I've been saving and only pulling out when my peelies are making me super crazy (as opposed to regular crazy); it was my holy grail treatment back in the day. This is the second week in a row I've used it, so it's too soon to tell if it's working this time. If it does turn out to solve my issues, I'm just going to have to hope the formula in the new bottles works as well. I haven't read anything about them changing it but this old one sure has a distinctive odor of chemically goodness.

11 comments:

  1. Ooo, the Urban Oasis is beautiful on its own, but I love it with the flakies added! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deep teal on its own, but with the effects, it's even prettier! I need to get my hands on some effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love their effects, I actully have this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you restrained yourself from the second coat because this is awesome alone and even more awesome with the CND effects. I own 2 CND effects and I think jade sparkle is one of them. And thank you so much for the link to mrsrexy's blog. I've swapped with the wonderful lady but had no idea she blogged and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I thought the plain polish was lovely but the Effect is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this combo! I prefer Urban Oasis alone, but they are pretty together too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This CND set is amazing. I don't have many CNDs but it really made me want more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha...polish mosh pit. xD

    Teal Sparkle looks absolutely gorgeous. I only have one CND effects polish (Amethyst Sparkle) and I love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the night factory duo and like to call urban oasis a "one coat wonder" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this set and I'm happy to have them <3. Looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this. The CND effects are so pretty, but this is the best combo I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.