Friday, January 21, 2011

Butter London: Henley Regatta

Given my fondness for glitter, Henley Regatta became a must have for me as soon as I saw it there in the airport. It's packed with fine blue and green glitter, but I've been fooled by sparkly polishes that look dense in the bottle but are very scattered on the nail, so I layered this one over Victoriana from yesterday's entry. I started with one coat of Henley Regatta over Victoriana on my index finger and added another for each finger until I got to my pinky, which has four coats of glitter (!). I did add a top coat as well, since it looked a tiny bit bumpy without.





I liked this at all the different numbers of coats. It does build nicely, but just one coat as a topper adds lots of sparkle. It looks great in low light, too:



I glad I indulged in these, and equally glad they're not that easy to get where I live as I'd be tempted to go get more.

15 comments:

  1. Pretty! Do you know how close this is to China Glaze Atlantis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 Coats! This looks really pretty though...I'll have to see if I can find it locally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty. I think I have this one. Do you have too much nail polish when you can't be sure off the top of your head? ... Nah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice. It glittahs well. You really made excellent selections on your Butter London splurge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many coats! but absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty color!
    You have got Stylish Blogger Award here :) )
    http://alluringmum.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! Wow! I wish I could afford Butter Loondon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're so lucky to have found butter! I think i may have to ask my friend who work at the airport in vancovuer to take a look around to see if they see a butter salon anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I like the effect of two coats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it the most with four coats, but still, that's a lot! Too bad butter london is so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely glitter! Lots of coats but definitely worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Golly that is lovely. So sparkly and... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to tell you that I splurged on Henley Regatta and I came over here to look at this as a guide before putting it on. So thanks for that!! (I'm sure you'll be hearing about the results later.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.